Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Many Overwatch fans are feeling anxious about the sequel, which Blizzard announced in 2019. While the team works on Overwatch 2, the original Overwatch has been getting little in the way of new content. And last month, beloved Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan announced his departure from Blizzard.
While Overwatch 2 is adding a substantial co-op element, this livestream will focus on the game’s PVP additions and changes. This will include a look at some of Overwatch 2’s new maps.
The original Overwatch launched in May 2016 and became a giant hit, attracting over 50 million players on PC and consoles. Overwatch 2 will hope to continue that success.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties