In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Dorte Nielsen, founder of the Centre of Creative Thinking in Denmark, and author of The Secrets of Highly Creative Thinkers.
We speak about the successes and challenges she has had in bringing creativity into Danish classrooms.
Topics mentioned in this episode:
- 00:01:00 – How Dorte got started in teaching creativity
- 00:02:30 – Why creativity training and skills are so important
- 00:04:00 – The importance of being able to see new connections and how this can be trained
- 00:07:30 – The brain is plastic, and creativity is a skill that can be taught
- 00:09:30 – Creativity in schools needs to go beyond art classes. Dorte explains the results of an experiment teaching creativity to primary school students and teachers
- 00:12:30 – Teachers sometimes see creativity as a negative trait. But through training this can also be improved
- 00:14:00 – Creativity training resulted in students and staff taking fewer sick days
Links mentioned in this episode:
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.