In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with bestselling innovation author, facilitator and award winning innovation podcast host Aidan McCullen.
We speak about reinvention and how it applies to innovation, as well as the power of using metaphors.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Aidan’s history playing professional rugby, and how this led to him having to transform and reinvent himself
- 00:04:00 – The difference between choosing to change, and being forced to change (mental models)
- 00:09:00 – The half life and careers in organisations is becoming disrupted. What it means to become Undisruptable
- 00:11:45 – Experiences from youth can make someone developed a fixed view of themselves, and how instead we can create a growth mindset by changing the stories being told
- 00:14:30 – The fascinating biology of metamorphosis, imaginal disks and overcoming the immune system
- 00:18:30 – The value of gratitude for all your previous experiences before letting go
- 00:20:45 – You need to reinvent ahead of the time when you need it, and the value of experimentation
- 00:23:45 – Innovation needs to look at new business models and portfolios
- 00:26:00 – “The assets are in the ashes”
Links mentioned in this episode:
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.